Looking for a recipe to jazz up your meals? This Plant Based Vegan Coconut Bang Bang Broccoli recipe is like do jumping jacks with your tastebuds. It is the perfect balance of sweet, tangy and rich that will keep you coming back for more. Bang bang sauce is such a great way to enjoy your broccoli!
This episode is sponsored in part by:
- Noochy Licious Nutritional Yeast: Save up to 55% OFF your order!
1-2 heads of broccoli broken into florets
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (or plant milk of choice)
Bang Bang Sauce
1/3 cup cashews or almonds
3 deglet dates, or 1 medjool
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
1/2 cup water
2 -4 teaspoons chili paste (amount will depend on the spice level of the paste)
Optional: toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly blend batter ingredients in blender.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Dip broccoli florets into the batter and place on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add all Bang Bang sauce ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Once broccoli is finished baking, drizzle Bang Bang sauce on top,
- Optional: Sprinkle on toasted sesame seeds.
By the Whole Food Plant Based Cooking Show on YouTube