If you are trying to kick your sugar habit then these Banana Chews are the perfect vegan snack for you. They are so sweet, rich and chewy that you will forget all about your sugar cravings! These are nothing like their dried banana chip cousins that are usually coated in oil and sometimes sugar before drying to make them crispy. These banana chews are JUST banana. You can even step them up a notch and sprinkle them with cinnamon before drying them or add some creamy chocolate spread after they are done drying for a super decadent treat.
3/4 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup water, plus tablespoon if needed
- Peel bananas and press flat onto a non-stick paraflex sheets on top of the drying screens for your particular dehydrator.
- Optional: sprinkle on some cinnamon.
- Place trays into dehydrator and set the temperature at 115°F for 12 hours.
- After the 12 hours, flip the sheets over onto the drying screen and peel off the paraflex sheet.
- Return trays to the dehydrator and dry for another 4 hours, at least.
- Store in an airtight container. They are good for weeks.
- To make the chocolate spread, add all ingredients to a small blender and blend until smooth and creamy adding a tablespoon of water to help things blend better.
- Keep spread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.