One of my favorite memories as a child was smelling my mom’s homemade bread baking in the oven. This Gluten Free Vegan Irish Soda Bread completely satisfies those breads cravings while being healthy at the same time. It is a hearty moist bread that lends itself to many different flavor additions to be either sweet or savory.
2 cups (160g) gluten free rolled oats
1 cup (120g) almond flour
1 cup (144g) arrowroot powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons ground flax
1 1/4 cups (300ml) unsweetened soy milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup (82g) chopped dry figs
1/2 cup (75g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° (180°C).
- Lightly grind the oats into a flour in your blender.
- Add all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir.
- Stir in figs and walnuts.
- Mix in the soy milk, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
- Let mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Pour mixture out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and shape it into a nice round mound.
- Wet hands with water and gently smooth the surface of the bread.
- Bake for 45- 50 minutes.