As the weather gets colder we tend to look for recipes that are warm and inviting with rich flavors that check all the comfort food boxes. This crustless vegan quiche does the trick and will be an instant family favorite. Baked to a golden brown and loaded with nutrient dense vegetables you just can’t go wrong. As with all our recipes this quiche is fully whole food plant based, gluten-free, oil-free, easy to make, and absolutely delicious!
This recipe is brought to you in part by our sponsors:
1 large onion, diced
3 ribs celery, diced
8 ounces mushrooms, diced
4 cups kale, chopped
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
1 cup uncooked sweet potato, diced
15 ounces extra firm tofu
1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
1 tablespoon tahini
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water to a large frying pan.
- Sauté the onions, mushrooms and celery on medium high until the onions are translucent.
- Add the kale, sundried tomatoes and sweet potatoes to the mixture and cook for another 5-10 minutes adding a little water as it cooks to keep the veggies from sticking to the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix the cooked veggies, pepper and blender mixture together in a large mixing bowl.
- Line the edge of a 9 inch springform cheesecake pan with parchment paper or oil lightly.
- Pour mixture into the springform and smooth the top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing the springform ring.