Oil Free Baked Falafel
- 2 cups dry chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Bragg liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until it is completely ground but not to a paste.
- Roll into 30 small balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press each ball flat into about a 1/2 inch thick disk.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Flip falafels and bake another 10 minutes.
- Stir together the tahini sauce ingredients.
- Serve falafels with the tahini sauce.
- Keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.