Thin Mint Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grind oats lightly in a blender into a flour (over grinding will prevent cake from baking through).
- Add the oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powders into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Blend the dates, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and soy milk in a blender until there are no more date chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture equally into 3 – 9 inch round cake pans that have been lightly oiled. No need for oiling if you are using silicone baking pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cakes are firm.
- Blend the frosting ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Once cakes have baked let them cool completely on a baking rack.
- Once cooled, place the first cake on a cake stand or plate.
- Scoop out about 1 cup of the frosting and frost the top of that cake.
- Place the second cake on top of the first.
- Frost the top of this cake just like the first.
- Place the third cake on top of the second cake and frost the entire cake.
- Will keep in the fridge for up to a week.