If you are anything like me, then you enjoy crunchy snacks. I especially like tortilla chips. The only problem with most chips is that they are cooked in oil which adds a lot of unnecessary fat. I came up with this delicious oil-free cracker recipe to replace my need for tortilla chips. To flavor them I used everything spice because of course it is good on EVERYTHING.
3/4 cup (90g) almond flour
1/2 cup (74g) flax meal
1/4 cup (43g) chia seeds
1/4 cup (15g) nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Braggs liquid amino acids
1/2 cup (118ml) water
3 tablespoons everything spice
2 teaspoons minced dried onion
1 teaspoon minced dried garlic
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Mix all ingredients together, except the everything spice, in a mixing bowl.
- Press mixture into a ball and place it on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll ball flat with a rolling pin.
- Peel parchment off of the top.
- Sprinkle on 2-3 tablespoons of the everything spice and press into the flattened mixture with the piece of parchment you just peeled off.
- Bake at 300°F (148°C) for 15 minutes.
- Take out of oven and flip over.
- Peel off the parchment paper and score into square shaped crackers.
- Bake for another 15 - 20 minutes.