No summer barbecue is complete without a big bowl of creamy coleslaw. Typically coleslaw is made with a mayonnaise dressing so we changed this up into a super healthy, creamy sauce that you can eat till your heart’s content. Raw cabbage is loaded with nutrients, vitamin C and is great for your digestion so help yourself to an extra large portion!
3 cups shredded cabbage
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup toasted walnuts
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2/3 cup cashews
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp Braggs liquid amino acids
1 medjool date
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
1/2 cup water
- Add the cabbages, carrots and walnuts to a mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and white wine vinegar and stir together with the cabbage mixture.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over cabbage and stir all together.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 5-7 days.