I have fond memories of Little Debbie Oatmeal Sandwich cookies from when I was young and they are the inspiration for these delicious Plant Based Vegan oatmeal sandwich cookies filled with peanut butter. Not only are they delicious but they are also Gluten Free, Oil Free, Refined Sugar Free AND you probably still have the ingredients in your pantry to make them. They are wonderful on their own or enjoyed with an ice cold glass of plant milk!
1 3/4 cup rolled oats (for making flour)
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or plant milk of your choice)
peanut butter for filling
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Blend the 1 3/4 cups of oats into a flour in the blender.
- Add oat flour, rolled oats and baking soda to a mixing bowl and stir until well blended.
- Put the vanilla, dates and almond milk into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blender mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Roll into 16 golfball size balls and place onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Use another sheet of parchment paper to press cookies flat.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Spread peanut butter on the bottom of one cookie.
- Place another cookie onto the peanut butter to make a sandwich.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to a week.