If you are a lover of creamy soups like I am then you are going to love this recipe. The fresh spring flavor of the leeks are balanced by the rich creaminess of the potatoes to give you a comforting flavorful soup that is great for any time of year. Serve a bowl of this soup with a nice piece of crusty bread and you have a meal that will make your belly happy!
3 large leeks
6 medium size russet potatoes
2L low sodium vegetable broth
2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
1 tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp Braggs liquid amino acids
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp pepper
- Cut roots and green tops off of leeks.
- Cut remaining pieces of leeks in half lengthwise and soak them in water and then rinse.
- Slice leeks into smaller pieces and cook them in a couple cups of water on medium high for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth to the pot with the leeks and cook until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.