I can’t wait for you to try this Plant Based Gluten Free, salt, oil and refined sugar free Bread! It is great for sandwiches and even better as toast. Trying to find gluten free bread in the grocery store that is also Vegan and tastes good is almost impossible. I have finally perfected this recipe and have been making it for my family for quite a while now. They all love it and I find that I am making about a loaf every other day!
1/2 cup buckwheat groats
1/2 cup quinoa
1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Oats
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup psyllium husk
1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1/2 tsp aluminum free baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp salt (optional)
- Soak buckwheat and quinoa overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rinse and drain buckwheat and quinoa.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and mix lightly, just until mixture is blended together. (over mixing might prevent bread from baking through).
- Pour into a silicone bread pan or lightly oiled bread pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely before cutting. As it cools, it continues to "set" and firm up.