Plant Based Tikka Masala just doesn’t get any better than this. One of the dishes I used to love when I went to an Indian restaurant was Chicken Tikka Masala and I have been trying to perfect a Plant Based recipe for a few years. Finally, I think I have it. This recipe is rich and creamy and filled with veggie goodness!
1 - 14oz box of firm tofu ( 1- 15oz can of chickpeas as a substitution) 2 tsp cumin 2 tsp corriander 1 large onion, chopped 1/2 cauliflower, chopped into florets 1 red bell pepper, chopped 2 cloves garlic 1" chunk of ginger" 1/2 red chili pepper handful of cilantro 1 tsp garam masala 1 tsp smoked paprika 1/2 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp black pepper 1 Tbsp tomato paste 1 15 oz can chopped tomatoes 1/2 cup raisins, chopped 1 15 oz can coconut milk 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk handful of cilantro juice of one lime
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Drain and cube tofu
- Place tofu chunks on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes (while you prepare the rest)
- Heat a large skillet on medium high
- Dry fry the coriander and cumin for about 1 minute
- Add the onions, cauliflower, red bell pepper and a couple Tbsp of water and fry for a few minutes
- Add the garlic, ginger, red chili, cilantro, garam masala, smoked paprika, turmeric, pepper, tomato paste & canned tomatoes to a blender and blend until smooth
- Add sauce to the mixture in the pan
- Add the baked tofu, raisins and coconut milk and cook until cauliflower is soft ( about 20 min )
- Add the lime juice, almond milk and cilantro and serve.