This recipe was shared with me from a friend our family made while living in Hawaii. His method was to place potato wedges and a bunch of spices into a garbage bag and toss it around until the wedges were well coated and then bake them. I no longer use the garbage bag but have opted for a bit safer ziplock bag.
Part of the name also comes from the amount of seasonings that go on these puppies. It is just about any or all the spices in your spice rack and they can be altered to your taste. The ones I have listed are the ones our family has become partial to. Hope you enjoy them as much as our family does.
I enjoy eating them with spicy mustard but my kids and hubby usually stick to good old ketchup and sometimes BBQ sauce.
6 Russet potatoes 2 tsp Braggs Liquid Amino Acids 1 tsp of each of the following spices: onion powder cumin smoked paprika paprika turmeric black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and cut potatoes into wedges.
- Place spices and Braggs into a large ziplock bag or mixing bowl.
- Mix spices around with the bag sealed shut until evenly mixed.
- Add potatoes to bag or bowl and massage until wedges are evenly coated.
- Pour out onto baking paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes